3D Render Wrangler (60% - 100%, Remote)
Helio is a Swiss startup based in Zurich and is building the first carbon-aware cloud: By increasing the utilization rates of data centers worldwide (over 80% of the resources are not being used), accelerating the adaption of green energy sources (data centers consume around 5% of the global energy and are responsible for the same amount of Green House Gas as the aviation industry), and extending the lifetime of the hardware, Helio lowers the emissions of the cloud industry significantly.
📒 Job description
Work closely with our cloud engineering and customer success team to help our 3D rendering customers achieve the best results at the most affordable prices. Your responsibility will be to assist users in case of questions, analyze their issues and work closely with engineering to improve our product constantly.
We are looking for a skilled Render Wrangler or Technical 3D Artist or 3D Pipeline Developer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting customers with their rendering needs, analyzing 3D scenes, and using digital content creation tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, and C4D. The ideal candidate has previous experience as a 3D artist and has worked in industries such as ArchViz or VFX.
The responsibilities include:
- Provide 1st-3rd level support to customers for rendering needs
- Analyse and improve 3D scenes
- Utilize digital content creation tools such as 3ds max, Maya etc.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve rendering issues
- Ensure our cloud rendering solution is running efficiently
- Feed back your learnings to the engineering team to improve the product constantly
🤝 You’ll be a great fit for the job if you have
- Strong understanding of 3D rendering and experience with digital content creation tools
- Previous experience as a technical 3D artist or pipeline engineer
- Knowledge of rendering software such as Vray, Arnold or Redshift
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a self-reliant work method
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a remote team environment
- Experience in ArchViz or the VFX industry is a plus
If you have a passion for 3D and for solving users’ pressing issues - no matter how silly they may seem - we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. This is a remote position and candidates from anywhere in the world are welcome to apply.
💰Salary and Benefits
- Salary range: $30,000-$50,000
- Possibility to participate in an equity plan to own a part of Helio
- Flexible work environment (hybrid, full-remote, flexible work hours)
- Startup culture
- 27 days of paid vacation
🌍 Location + Language
- Our office is located in Zurich, Switzerland.
- This job is intended to be fully remote.
- Good English skills are required.
➡️ Application and Process
- Get in contact with Christoph (CTO) via firstname.lastname@example.org and share your Github and/or LinkedIn profile if available.
- No CVs, cover letters needed
- Helio reviews your profile and comes back to you within 1 week
- Meet (remote / in person) with the founders
- Get to know Christoph and Kevin
- Review of the cultural fit and learn about the company, the product and the opportunities
- Meet the team (remote / in person)
- Get to know your potential new colleagues
- Review of the technical fit
- Get started
- Flexible starting date
Don't wait any longer - Apply now!