Windows Software Engineer - 3D Tools (80% - 100%, Remote)
Helio is a Swiss startup based in Zurich and is building the first carbon-aware cloud: By increasing the utilization rates of data centers worldwide (over 80% of the resources are not being used), accelerating the adaption of green energy sources (data centers consume around 5% of the global energy and are responsible for the same amount of Green House Gas as the aviation industry), and extending the lifetime of the hardware, Helio lowers the emissions of the cloud industry significantly.
📒 Job Description
Work closely with our team of Senior Cloud Native Software Engineers to develop an amazing customer experience for our end-users. You’ll be responsible for building Windows Desktop Applications and Plugins for well-known 3D Content Creation Tools from Autodesk, Blender, Unreal etc.
To improve the user experience for our Cloud Rendering customers, we are looking for a Windows Software Developer with experience in 3D Digital Content Creation Plugin Development.
Are you a skilled and creative Software Developer with a strong background in Building Windows Applications? Are you passionate about designing and developing exceptional applications that drive user experiences to new heights? Do you have experience in or are eager to learn about 3D content creation tools such as 3ds Max, Maya, Blender, and Unreal Engine?
If you're excited about contributing to a dynamic startup and using your expertise to craft high-quality software, we invite you to join Helio as a Windows Software Developer. In this role, you will be at the forefront of developing client software for our highly innovative cloud services while collaborating closely with the Customer Success team to ensure user satisfaction.
You will be the main Engineer for this Stack and thus will have great freedom in choosing your tools and the technology stack to work with. Therefore, experience in Software Design and Software Development Processes is a big plus.
🌍 Location + Language
- Our office is situated in Zurich, Switzerland.
- The job is intended to be full-remote. Hybrid is possible.
- Proficiency in English is a requirement for effective communication.
💰 Salary and Benefits
- Salary range: $30,000 - $50,000 per year.
- Equity plan to provide you with a stake in Helio's success.
- Embrace flexibility: Choose from hybrid or full-remote and flexible work hours.
- Immerse yourself in a vibrant startup culture that fosters innovation and is at the forefront of Cloud Native and Open Source solutions.
- Recharge and unwind with a generous paid vacation allowance of 27 days per year.
🤝 You’ll be a great fit for the job if you
- Bring a wealth of experience in Windows Desktop software development to our team.
- Demonstrate technical prowess, self-motivation, reliability, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about continuous learning.
- Possess a creative, problem-solving attitude and a drive for delivering results.
- Welcome the opportunity to shape processes in a startup setting.
- Windows Container and Docker experience is a great plus.
🚀 Key Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain high-quality desktop software, primarily using C++/C# and python.
- Collaborate closely with the Engineering and Customer Success teams, as well working closely with endusers.
- Contribute to the operational aspects of applications, ensuring their performance and reliability.
- Utilize a diverse technology stack, including Windows and Linux Containers, Git-based CI/CD, and more.
➡️ Application and Process
Starting Date: Flexible
- Reach out to Christoph, our CTO, via email at(mailto:email@example.com)firstname.lastname@example.org Share your GitHub and/or LinkedIn profiles – no CVs or cover letters are required.
- Helio will review your profile and provide feedback within 1 week.
- Engage in a remote or in-person meeting (30-60 minutes) with the founders, Christoph and Kevin.
- Gain insights into our company vision, culture, work environment, challenges, and role.
- Evaluate the alignment of your values and mindset with our dynamic startup culture.
- Connect with our team – virtually or in real life.
- Get acquainted with your potential future colleagues.
- Assess your technical fit within our team.
- Embark on your exciting journey with us with a flexible starting date.
Note: We encourage applications from passionate engineers across all experience levels. Equity ownership is an integral part of our commitment to your growth. We value diversity and are an equal-opportunity employer.
Don't wait any longer - Apply now!